Friday, February 24, 2012

Vacuum

Lord,
I spent today
Meeting the people
Who would probably replace me
In my job at the newspaper.
This last lady we interviewed
Has the goods, Lord -
I can feel it.
She would gel well
With the team and the Aussie.
She has people skills,
And technical skills,
And project management experience.
She comes across as confident
Without being obnoxious...
As hands-on,
Willing to learn, act, and listen,
And possessing the knowledge
Of when to do which.
She's not afraid of the minutiae,
Of the day-to-day operations
To get things done.

Lord,
I started out updating website content,
And paginating.
I didn't know anything about newspapers.
When I look at my role now,
How wide it has grown,
And all that it has come to encompass,
It surprises me in its breadth and scope.
I have been praying to You
About the vacuum left
When I would leave.
I have been asking You
To fill that vacuum,
And of course,
All the scenarios that I have envisioned
Have turned to dust.
Lord, is this Your answer to me?
Is she Your answer to us?

Ah Lord, let it be so!
Let Human Resources like her,
And let her accept the job offer.
Let her step into
The space my job has come to occupy
So that my team and the Aussie
May continue to be supported and upheld.

Father,
Grant that it may be so.
That place -
And the people in it -
Have come to mean so much to me!
Fill the vacuum
With Your Plans
And Your Presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment