Monday, February 6, 2012

Rainbow

"I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth." (Genesis 9:13)

"This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:5)

Lord,
My God,
Your bow hovers in the sky,
One sign of the many truces
Between You and us.
It is a reminder
Of how You do not want
To destroy us,
Your handiwork.
Yet, what exists between
You and us
Is only a truce,
And not yet true Shalom.

So many of us
Are down here,
Fumbling in the dark,
Groping madly,
Consciously or unconsciously
Seeking a glimpse
Of Your Face!

Father,
I have a friend
Burdened by the
Spirit of Heaviness.
Her struggle has been lifelong.
I clearly see
The ravages of her life
Borne on her shoulders.
She urgently needs
Your Light.
I do not know
What forces or powers
Bind her so,
But I beg You
To illumine her!

You touched me,
And I was healed.
I know that You uphold us,
That You give us strength
In our hours of need.
You alone, Almighty One,
Could shine one tiny, dim ray
Of Your Schechinah Glory
Into her heart,
Eradicating this darkness
That devours her.
You alone, O Lord,
Could do this.
Won't You?

If You will not ravish her
Immediately with your light,
Please declare a truce.
Let Your bow hang in the air
Between You and her,
A sign of Your faithfulness
To all who earnestly seek You...
A sign of possibility,
Of a glorious future
That will eclipse this present darkness.

Father,
I humbly ask You
To release my friend
From the bonds of despair
Enveloping her.
Allow me to bring
Comfort and hope to her spirit
As your emissary,
A child of the Living God.
Grant me wisdom,
And courage,
And patience,
And kindness,
And all other necessities
To divert her course of action.

Protect us.
Heal us.
Do battle against
The forces of evil
That oppress us.
Guide us, Abba,
Ever closer to You,
And overcome the griefs
Of our spent souls...

No comments:

Post a Comment