Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ash Wednesday - One Year Later

A year ago on Ash Wednesday
I began this devotional blog.
"God-blogging," Adalheid affectionately calls it.

My first post was intended to be
About "Ash Wednesday,"
But I had a blog misfunction,
And instead first published "Shalom,"
About finding peace and home and myself
At my best friend's wacky house.

Perhaps there really are no accidents.
Here we are, a year later,
And Shalom is being transferred
To Arizona
On Ash Wednesday.
God grant us all safe passage,
Human and creature alike.

Adonai,
Master Author of Life,
And Giver of All Good Things,
As I receive ashes tomorrow night,
Remind me of
My mortality,
And the brevity
And preciousness
Of life.
Remind me how
This corrupt, perishable flesh
Is becoming
An eternal place of worship
Occupied by Your Indwelling Presence.

Rebuild me,
Reshape me,
Remake me,
My God!
Transform my ashes
To suit Your Purposes!
I travel Eternity's Road
Seeking You!
No -
Finally allowing You
To seek - and find -
Me.

I'm here, Father.

I am not afraid...

No comments:

Post a Comment