Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mizpah

Laban said, "This heap is a witness between you and me today." Therefore he named it Galeed, and Mizpah*, for he said, "The Lord watch between you and me, when we are out of one another's sight. (Genesis 31:48, 49)

A search for the word "Mizpah"
On Amazon or eBay
Will usually yield
A collection of pendants and rings,
Inscribed with the slightly older translation:

"The Lord watch
Between me and thee
While we are absent
One from the other."

She will be in Arizona,
And I will be here,
And the house will slowly empty
Of its occupants.

The next two and a half weeks
Will be very strange indeed!

Father,
You know the workings of my heart.
Watch over her,
Guide her,
Protect her,
And help her.

* Mizpah means watchpost in Hebrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment