Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tornado

Tornado warning in the Tri-state area
Until 8 PM tonight
I think about fear,
And about Wierwille's assertions:
The most powerful force in the world 
Is the power of belief. 
Fear is negative belief. 
I wonder how much of our world
Is built on foundations of fear. 
I wonder what would happen
If we unlocked joy within ourselves
And combated the fear with that. 
In my mind's eye, I see
Our accumulated fears
Rising like a death-shroud
To cover the earth in
Every misery we can and do conceive. 
How much do our fears contribute
To the tragic realities 
We daily face? 

Lord,
I pray for deliverance from the tornado
For my family, friends, pets, 
And the entire Tri-state area. 
If the tornado comes for me
Or anyone I love,
Let me remember Your Anointed 
In the boat
Commanding sea and sky
To be still 
Let me remember Your promises
Of Life Abundant
Extended to all who call you Father,
And rely on Your strength 
To either stand and face it...
Or fall...

*Author's Note: This was written during yesterday's tornado warning. A tornado did not touch down in the Tri-state area. Please pray for those lives impacted by the tornado that touched down in Springfield, Mass, and everywhere else during this severe tornado season in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment