Friday, June 3, 2011

Patience

I was abrupt with a co-worker
In my attempt to leave the building tonight. 
I had an appointment with my family
And copped attitude with him
As he asked me to do something for him. 
I try to justify myself 
To myself. 
I never leave on time.
I'm always asked to do something right before I leave. 
I feel so burnt out from the job.
I have to meet my family. 
My aunt hates when I'm late. 

But now that I'm sitting on the train
Brooding (as usual)
I ask why I didn't just say something
Instead of 
Huffing and puffing
And showing my obvious annoyance. 

Lord,
I try so hard to be patient
But maybe that's the problem
I will it to be
Instead of being it?
Take my frustration from me
When it's about to lash another. 
Let me remember how much
I frustrate others
And You (I am sure). 
Give me patience in abundance...
I am sorely in need of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment