Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 Corinthians 12:9 - A Meditation

"...'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'."

Why do You make days like these,
O My Lord?
Days where the cat is suddenly not well
And I tremble within, as is my nature...
Where I am confronted with medical tests
And questions about pregnancy
(It might be nice to answer "I might be," for a change!)
And near-nakedness before strangers
(You know how I feel about that!)
And confinement in a tube that felt like
Being buried alive...
Days where I anxiously wait for test results,
And cannot still my thoughts or imagination,
And a song I hear for the first time
Is enough to bring me
To my knees...*

Father,
It's not even 10:30 yet,
And we both know the struggles that erupt
Since Wednesdays this Lent.

Father,
I am already worn.
The day is not even half over.
Strengthen me.
Be made perfect
In my weakness.

Firelight, "For Those Who Wait"

No comments:

Post a Comment