Monday, April 18, 2011

Storm

Lord Jesus Christ...
When the Apostles woke you
For fear of being destroyed by a storm,
A word from you stilled the sea and sky.
Storms threaten my shores.
Calm what rages in me!
Counter my thoughts as you did the rain and waves...

"The demands of your job are going to overwhelm you."
(I know all things, and will give you knowledge to help you accomplish your tasks.)
"Everyone else makes more money than you."
(Seek Me first.  I will supply your needs.)
"You are not where you should be with your life."
(You are with Me.  I AM your destination.)
"You can't make a difference in the world, so stop trying."
(I am arming you, sending you out to share the Kingdom News with everyone you meet.)
"You'll eventually lose everyone and everything you love."
(Death is not an end; it is the doorway to the eternal. By the way, that's where I AM.)

Anointed One,
You entered the realms of humanity.
You understand the fickleness of flesh.
Reach out Your hand,
And calm the fear and doubt.
Don't let the storm toss me too far,
And remind me that You are
Ever near.

No comments:

Post a Comment