Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Alien and The Orphan

Lord,
I know that you are the Author of Life,
And the Giver of Good Things. 
I know that you place people in my life
At appointed times and seasons. 
You incited a desire in my friend 
To leave all that she knew
On the other side of the world
To start a new life here. 
You established her here, 
And protect her daily. 
Does she know that you are the God
Of the widows and the poor,
The orphans and the aliens?*
Lord,
I am the orphan.
(Twice over!)
She is the alien. 
(She couldn't be further from home!)
Is the kinship we share under Your Grace
What draws me closer to her?
Continue to grant her Your protection
And mercy,
Your favor and kindness. 
Continue to grant me steadfastness and patience, 
A serving heart and discerning spirit
With which to better mirror Your Will. 
Father,
You are our God. 
Be ever near us. 

*Jeremiah 22:3

No comments:

Post a Comment