Thursday, April 21, 2011

Orbit

The planets spin on their axes,
Circling the sun,
While moons and rings
Revolve around them.
Wandering stars are pulled into
The cosmic dance,
Flying in from the Oort Cloud
Every 76 years.
Even from far off,
Haley feels the tug,
And begins his long journey back.
The heavenly bodies whirl and cycle
Around the sun
Who represents
The Son
Around whom we ought to orbit. 

Lord,
When I see the night sky
Let me see your heralds,
The signs of times and seasons,
The proclaimers of all that
Was, is, and shall be.
Become as a sun to my path,
Summoning me from all the
Vain conceit and folly of the world.
Spur me along.
Rouse me to follow You,
In union with other heavenly bodies...
To rejoice
In the Triune Godhead,
The End All and Be All
Of Creation's Epic Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment