Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Vs. Evil

When I was a child,
I wrote adventure stories. 
Damsels in distress, 
Heroes in disguise, 
Aliens from space...
Epic tales (for an eight-year-old)
Of good versus evil.
Good always wins, of course. 

Lord, Eli, Abba!
I come before Your Throne
Battle-tried and weary. 
I come before Your Throne
Seeking strength within my weakness,
Resilience within compassion,
Boldness clothed with gentleness,
Equal parts wisdom and kindness.  
Mold me daily
Into the image of Your Son. 
Grant that in the war
Between You and the Adversary
I perceive Your Will,
And desire to conform to it.

When I was a child,
Penning my innocent tales 
Of Good Vs. Evil,
I did not know
That the stakes of the timeless war
Were paid with the currency
Of human souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment