Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Petitions for the Year Ahead

Yom Kippur.
The Books close tonight, Lord.
Decrees are being made,
Paths set,
Threads woven
Before the Heavenly Books
Are sealed.

I recall to mind
And bless You for
All the mercies and faithfulness
And kindness and gentleness
You have showered upon my life
This past year.
You brought me to Arizona
And a new, full life there.
You preserved my job,
Enabling me to work remotely.
You opened doors to new friendships,
Most notably with the archer and the songbird.
I feel happy and whole,
Looking forward to each new day.

Lord,
As you set before us
The year ahead,
I humbly petition
For Your mercies to be showered upon
All those near and dear to my heart.
My sister. My aunt. My cousin and her fiancé.
My Adalheid and the king and the wandering momma.
My beloved archer.
The archer's family and friends.
The songbird, the choirs, the music ministries,
And the Mountain View community.
The Aussie. The classified team.
The publishing company as a whole.
Didymus, wherever she may be, and her family.
The manhattanite and her family.
My friends and mentors at New Utrecht.
Everyone's furry or feathered charges.
All those whose lives
Have intersected and are intersecting with mine.

Lord,
Be near me.
Guide me. Enlighten me.
Strengthen me. Embolden me.
Always, always forgive me
When I mess up,
Which is often.

Father,
Enable us to faithfully serve You,
To be Your ambassadors,
Your soldiers, Your children
As we walk upon this broken earth.
Protect and enhance our lives.
Help us help each other,
And see each other through dark times.
Walk in our midst,
Great Redeemer,
And for another year,
Inscribe us, O Lord,
In Your Book of Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment