Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ocean's Tide

There she stands,
The archer,
Knee deep in the ocean
As the tide
Ebbs and flows around her.

Ebb and flow,
Ebb and flow,
A slow tumult
Constantly laps at her.

I am sitting on the shore,
Waiting,
Listening to the waves,
Echoes of myself
In the peaks and troughs
Of her tide.

Archer.
My thought goes out to her.
Don't lose your way.
Focus on
The North Star.
He will guide you.


Father,
You are as the earth
Beneath the archer's feet,
And the ocean's current:
Timeless,
Unchanging in overall nature,
Reliable and true,
Encompassing all.
Remind her that no matter what,
You are the Rock,
The Eternal I Am.

As for me,
Here I sit,
Semper fidelis,
As the violinist used to call me.
Braced, vigilant,
I pray for readiness,
Come dead calm
Or deadly storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment