Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mobilization

"Those who do not learn from the past
Are doomed to repeat it."
Oh, how true
THAT expression is.

I remember...
Being that hypersensitive kid,
Always seeking my mother's face
For the subtle -
Or not-so-subtle cues -
That would signal
Her annoyance
Her anger
Her general displeasure.
My mother would work herself up
To the point of literally
Making herself sick.
There would be yelling, followed by
A generalized shutdown
Where she would lock herself away
For hours...
More often, a day or two.

Father, truly,
Has my sister imbibed
That much of the family mishegoss
That she, unwittingly or not,
Is exhibiting the same behavior?
The stewing, brooding, thought patterns...
The perseverating, intrusive thought patterns...
The dramatics. The narcissism.
The self-destruction. The depression.

My aunt is talking about
Reliving her past.
So, too, am I...
Like I've returned
To the scene of a long-forgotten crime...

Father,
You have the ability
To do anything.
Please break through to my sister.
Please make her see that
Now is not the time
To fall over beneath
The weight of her
Fears, doubts, sorrows, hurt, and grief.
Lift her up,
Up and out of the mire she's in.
Give her foresight,
Give her hope,
Give her strength
To get into action and move.
She needs Your Touch
To heal her from the inside out.
Please, my Lord, my King,
Do not let her fall!...

No comments:

Post a Comment