Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Red Sun

Lord,
In the Superman comics,
Kal-el, better known as Clark Kent,
Derives his superhuman powers
From Earth's yellow sun.
It is known
That if he were to live
On a planet orbiting a red sun
(Like his native Krypton),
He would become
A mere, vulnerable mortal.

I feel like Clark Kent,
Being hurled into the closest red sun.

I feel exposed and vulnerable,
Exhausted, out of sorts,
With still too much to do
And not enough time to do it in.
I am emotional, and cranky,
And the unknown factors
Looming in my near future
Are chipping away at my confidence and control.

Reorient my orbit!
Be the focal point of my revolution,
My life-long journey!
Be the yellow sun
That I orbit around,
And derive strength and hope from!

I'm running out of steam,
And I need help!
Energize me...

No comments:

Post a Comment