Monday, March 5, 2012

Bounty

The goodbyes have begun.
People I am in constant contact with...
People I have not seen in years...
Are reaching out,
Asking to have final meals,
Final drinks,
Final times together
Before I leave for Arizona.

I keep saying
That I will be back,
That I will visit,
But truthfully who other than God
Knows when or how that may be?

Eli,
My Savior and Creator,
My life is as a blink of the eye
Before Your Eternal Throne!
I am little more than dust,
And yet,
You have dealt bountifully
And graciously,
And mercifully
With me!

I was orphaned at birth;
You gave me a family.
Trials and tribulations
Have stalked my family;
You have preserved my life.
Health problems have assaulted me;
You have healed me.
Severe depression tried crushing me;
You snatched my life from certain death.
You have given me
Gifts of music and writing...
The curiosity to constantly learn
And the ability to teach...
Jobs and homes,
Family and friends,
And the peace that comes from knowing
That You are All in All,
That You are Good,
That I am Yours,
And that all Good Things
Will ultimately be restored...

I am achingly aware of
My innate flawed-ness,
And Your goodness toward me.
You have blessed me, Father,
And I thank You for those blessings
That You have poured
And continue to pour
Into my life.

Help me
Pour myself out.
As Terry said
On Ash Wednesday,
"Don't be afraid
To pour yourself out."
Use me
To freely gift Your Bounty
Upon all the creation that I encounter,
Just as You
Have done unto me...

No comments:

Post a Comment