Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Eternal Now

Father,
This weekend,
My Pugs Romeo and Juliette
Meet their temporary foster family.

I ache over this separation.

My sister brought the Pugs
Into the family.
They came with bowls and a crate.
No toys, no leashes...
Romeo is head-shy,
Which makes me think
He was cuffed around a bit.
One time Juliette ran away from me
When I shook a box of rice too close to her.
I don't know anything
About their early life,
But I would like to think
They are happier now.

No one anticipated
Not living in our house,
And needing to find a home
For all our pets,
But You took care of me.
You found an apartment for me
Where they were okay
With all my animals.

Please, Lord,
Let me be able
To reunite with the Pugs
In six months or less!

In the meantime,
Watch over the Pugs
In their temporary home!
Guide them so that they
Don't do bad things.
Let them be happy and safe,
Protected and loved,
Healthy and whole,
Until I send for them.

Grant that I may find a job,
Find a permanent home,
And greet them in the sunshine!
Until then, let them live
In the eternal now...

I don't know how animals
Experience the passage of time.
I don't think that it's the same as we do.
Let them measure our separation
In time spent in a backyard,
Or naps taken on warm laps,
In meals and treats
And walks on a warm, spring night.
Let them abide in the eternal now,
Where You are,
And where I strive to be with You...

No comments:

Post a Comment