Friday, October 7, 2011

Valley Prayer for T

Lord,
Into your Hands,
I place the burden of my sins -
Sins of omission,
And sins of commission.
Have mercy on me Father;
I am but dust.
Thank you for
The sacrifice of Your Son,
Whose death
Redeems me.
Believing that You forgive my sins
When I confess them to You,
And that our line of connection
Is renewed once more,
I now approach the throne of Grace
To ask for that Grace
To flow into the life of another.

I don't know how
She's keeping it together.
Well, actually, I do -
You're keeping her
From falling apart
At the seams.

It's been a difficult season for her.
Family tragedy,
Illness,
And death
Have stalked her
These many months.
Financial matters
Are taking their toll.
Family obligations abound.
It's hard, Lord.
Really hard.

Father,
We are Your children,
Your ambassadors,
Your priests upon this earth.
We pray for health and healing...
A new, safe home...
The fruitfulness of work for her husband...
A smooth transition for the imminent adoption...
An easing of financial burdens...
And a resolution for other situations
Within this family.
Hear and answer our petitions,
O Merciful One!
We plead for Your Grace,
Not because we are deserving of it,
But because You proclaim Your faithfulness
Towards all who rely on You.

Father,
If there are reasons
For this period of testing
That are beyond our comprehension,
And if it must continue
For awhile longer still,
Then grant her the strength
To endure,
And accept,
And still come through
Smiling at the end.

Whatever I can and ought to do
To help her
Shine into my mind.
I will do it willingly.

Anointed One,
You stand ever before
The Throne of Grace,
Interceding for us. *
Hear me now
As I humbly approach You.
She needs help.
Your help.

Lord God,
Hezekiah walked in Your Ways.
He prayed for deliverance
From illness and certain death.
He was granted healing
And fifteen more years
Were added to his life. **
You are not a static god;
We are ever striving with You,
Working with You,
To accomplish Your Will
On this earth.
I pray, Lord,
That You would lead her
Out of this present valley,
This place of struggle
Where she and her family are walking,
And into the Light of the Son...

* Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. (Romans 8:34) (Author's Note: the words "is interceding" indicate the present tense, as in, Jesus is interceding for us right now!)

** 2 Kings 20

No comments:

Post a Comment