Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Street Cat

Lord,
Last evening's kitten rescue
Did not go as I had anticipated.
The kitten, found between two houses
As I was coming back from Adalheid's,
Ran away
Before I could pick him or her up.

Lord,
Continue to watch over
All the strays,
All the hungry,
All the lost,
All the homeless,
All the forgotten.

Creation cries out
For Your Love,
Man and creature alike.
Be ever near us,
Man and creature alike.

And Lord, if You could,
Give me another shot
At nabbing that kitten,
Not for myself,
But to rescue and put into
The care of another.
I already made arrangements.
The cold weather's starting at night.
I heard him meowing from somewhere this morning.
Just one more shot, God...
Please?...

*Author's Note - the kitten was rescued two mornings later by Gary the Cat Guy, a neighborhood animal rescue Good Samaritan, and is now being fostered and nursed back to health.

God does answer prayers...

No comments:

Post a Comment