Sunday, October 16, 2011

Touched

Sometimes I feel God
So clearly
Touching me,
It frightens me.

I think,
"What could You
Possibly want to do
With me?
I am full of
Guilt and shame
For things done
And things not done.
I am conscious of the
Rebellion against You
That hides in my heart.
How is it that You
Could want to be
With me?
How is it that You
Could want to use me
For Your Holy Purposes?

I am unfit!
I am unclean!
I am -"

Before I can think further,
I feel His Hand on my cheek,
And the scar tissue
Where the nails were driven
Presses against me.

"Be still," He tells me.

I quiet
Beneath that touch.
He already knows
Everything I've done
And haven't done...
Everything that's wrong with me,
And broken inside.

His Touch communicates
A promise of wholeness
More completely
Than words ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment