Friday, September 16, 2011

Eli

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? (Psalm 22:1)

My God,
My God -
The boy's name
Echoes the cry of longing
Within our own hearts.
Thus Your Anointed cried
As he called out to You
From The Cross. *
Thus we cry out to You
For the sake of this
Sick little boy.
Through Your Power
Lepers were cleansed,
The blind saw,
The deaf heard,
The paralyzed moved.
Healing flowed,
And continues to flow,
From Your Throne
And into our lives.

Lord,
Let this plea come before You.
Heal the boy named Eli,
Whose very name is
A desperate cry to You.
The life of the flesh is in the blood, **
Which is why Jesus Christ shed His -
To bring us
Wholeness, Soundness,
Health of Body, Mind, Soul, and Spirit.
Jesus gathered the children to Him,
And gave them His Blessing.

Father,
Do not forsake this boy.
Bring Your Blessing,
Your Healing Touch,
To the child in a Florida ICU.
We pray that You would heal
The infection within His body.
We ask that You would
Reach down,
And touch him,
So that his parents and doctors
And he himself when he's a little older
May know that
You Are Lord over all Creation,
And praise You for the Grace and Healing
That You daily pour into our lives!

* And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"(Mark 15:34)

** For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life. (Leviticus 17:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment