Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Application Support

Lord,
You know what's going on at work.
You know there are several initiatives being implemented
In the weeks and months ahead
That revolve around the
Classified application system.

We're upgrading the version.
We're exploring new components
For integration with our websites.
We're setting up the system for use
By our Outside Sales force.
We're troubleshooting unresolved, unexplained behaviors,
And fixing the mistakes of human hands.

I need help.
I'm smart enough to know
That I don't know everything involved
To set all this up
Correctly
Properly
Precisely
Anticipating current needs
And future growth.

Please give me
Wisdom and knowledge
To accomplish my tasks.
Prompt me to reach out to others
When I need to.
Allow me to be guided and taught
By the Aussie's probing questions,
And lightning-paced mind.
Be present
When I'm configuring, testing,
Assessing, researching.
Give me answers
When I am stuck,
As You so graciously have already.
Comfort me
When I get frustrated
And my mind tailspins.

Lord,
I do not ask all this
So that I can brag,
"Look at what I have done!"
I ask for Your help
So that my team can take advantage
Of the features in the new version
That may make their lives easier...
So that the clients can be serviced better...
So that outside sales can work more efficiently...
So that the managers can help their staff
More richly cultivate their time and relationships..
So that, overall,
Burdens are eased.

To me, the work feels overwhelming.
To You, it is as nothing.
Still my mind.
Calm me.
Guide me.
Make me a vessel
Fit for this work,
To the Praise and Glory
Of Your Holy Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment