Thursday, June 7, 2012

When the Vet Called...

...And told me that the biopsy returned
An adenoma that was not cancerous,
I did the dance of joy
Inside myself.

"There are a few atypical cells," he told me,
"And you might want to consider getting lumpectomies,
But this is very good news."
Very good news indeed!

My Lord God,
Creator of All Things Good,
Thank you for watching over Gabrielle,
And granting her more time
Than my faithless mind could conjure.

You have always been good to me.
Thank you,
On behalf of myself, Adalheid,
And everyone else who loves that dog.

I can rest, knowing that, at least
I have kept one promise made to Mommie. 
Gabrielle is with me, in a wonderful place
And is loved and cared for,
But most importantly,
She is being watched over by You.
Thank You for allowing me
To act as a steward for her,
One more example of Your glorious creation
Who brings joy into the lives of others...

No comments:

Post a Comment