Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Valley Prayer for Didymus

Then he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words." (Daniel 10:12)

Father,
I derive hope from this passage. 
Your messenger declares to Daniel
That he has come
Because of Daniel's words.
The humbleness of Daniel's heart,
Coupled with his praying and fasting
Unlocked something in the spiritual realm
That allowed Your messenger
To reach him.

I pray that You would now be
So gracious to me.
I seek Your help and protection
For Didymus.

Lord,
You know what assails her.
You have the power
To come to her aid.
I ask that You do this at this time
When she needs energy and time to heal.

I will not pretend to understand
The rules of engagement for this warfare.
However,
I believe that, like Daniel,
Our actions can and do
Affect the outcome of battles.
So, I am beseeching You,
On her behalf,
To alleviate the Enemy's attacks on her.
I beseech You to
Engulf her in the protective fire
Of Your Embrace
And ward off the evil
Attempting to harm her.

Guard her sleeping hours.
Guard her waking hours.
Watch over her, Lord,
And defend her in this,
Her hour of need!
I ask this because
You are Holy and Faithful and Merciful,
Good to us in all ways,
And continually working all things
Together for our good. *

Father,
Reveal and purge
That which is not of You
From within me,
In order to draw me into
Ever closer communion
With You.
Find favor with my words and actions.
Hearken to the petitions of my heart,
And help Didymus.
Allow us to praise You
For all the good You have done for us,
And continue to do for us
All the days of our lives!

* Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment