Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Preparedness

Lord,
My Father,
Forgive me my sins.
Search me thoroughly to know
That I am sorry
For my wrongdoing.
Cleanse me,
Heal me,
And hear me, my God,
As I pray for the people
In the path of a hurricane.

Throughout the next three days,
As I prep my apartment
For the possible influx
Of family, friends, and pets,
Let my prayer,
And the prayers of the
Body of Christ
Rise before you.
We pray for deliverance
From Irene.
We pray that You would
Turn the path of the hurricane
Out to sea,
Away from land.
We pray that if that is not possible,
That the hurricane would strike us
With the least force possible.
We pray that if that is not possible,
That You would preserve our lives,
And the lives of our loved ones.
If that is not possible, Lord,
We pray in the same manner
As Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego - *
We leave our lives,
And our deaths,
In Your hands,
And continue trustingly
In our walk with You.

Lord,
I plead for Your Mercy
For the inhabitants of
The eastern US seaboard.
I pray for this not because we deserve it,
But for the sake of Your Holy name -
For Your Glory and Honor and Praise -
Because Your Throne is the seat
From which Grace and Pity flow -
Because we are little more than dust,
And Your Power sustains us
Moment by moment,
Second by second.

Have mercy on us, Lord.
We cry out to You,
Have mercy on us.

* Daniel 3, particularly verses 16-18, as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answer the charges of King Nebuchadnezzar.

No comments:

Post a Comment