Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And Then There Were Four...

Three dogs and two cats.
It is the answer I have been giving 
For almost two years now
When asked how many pets I have.
I'm sure I will continue to say that
For some time to come. 

People like me
Should probably not have
So many pets, 
But I did not purposely seek them. 
Circumstance brought them to me,
And I could not turn them away. 

Lord,
Thank You for giving me
Fourteen plus years with Baby. 
Forgive me any wrongs 
I committed against her. 

I know that when You made the animals,
You stepped back to take stock
Of Your creation
And declared it good. 
Your creation continues to be good,
Providing joy to all who
Celebrate its beauty and wonders. 

I don't know what happens
To the soul life of an animal.
Father,
In the life to come,
May they be restored to us,
Or else
Let the memory of them
Be untouched by sorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment