Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Whisper

I know people say
I am crazy
When I tell them that You
Reveal things to me
About the classified system
In our office. 
But I am not crazy
Because I know the difference 
Between my thoughts
(They sound like a whirlwind)
And Your thoughts
(They sound like a gentle breeze
Blowing amongst tree leaves). 
You kept me in that chair tonight
Poking and prodding
Fiddling and testing
Until I saw the error,
Not in the process I created,
But in the failsafe for the process. 
Thank you for showing me
The flaw
That would have cost us
Resources in space and labor. 
I was panicking, as you know. 
You broke through. 
Thank you for propping me up,
Holding onto me
When I feel I will fly to pieces. 
I know You're there
Even when I can't hear You.
Praise to the Lord of the 
Weary, frustrated, bleary-eyed office worker
Traveling home at almost 9pm.
I couldn't have made it through this day
Without You!

No comments:

Post a Comment