Friday, July 29, 2011

Daniel Fast: A Reflection

There is no doubt in my mind
That the Daniel Fast
Is one of the hardest acts of discipline
I have ever engaged in.
When stripped of the comforts of food,
Anger, frustration, and bitterness
Reigned supreme.
It's surprising to discover
Who I am underneath
The outward veneer
Of compassion and kindness.
I better understand the difference
Between will worship -
Willing myself to behave as I ought -
And relying on your grace
To transform me
So that I can naturally behave
As a daughter of the Most High.
I do not seek You enough
Throughout the day.
I do not turn to You for counsel and wisdom
As often as I should...
Which I now understand should be
Closer to every two minutes...

Lord,
The desire to know You more fully,
And to experience the riches of glory
Through the saving grace of Your Son,
Can only come from You.
Fill me with Your Spirit.
Lead me to walk closer to Your Anointed.
Search me, sear me, cleanse me,
So that others may see
Your Glory made manifest through me,
And know that you are
The Most High.

I am a child at the feet of Your Throne.
Allow me to tarry
In the embrace
Of Your Arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment