Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sojourner

"Reside in this land as an alien, and I will be with you, and will bless you." Genesis 26:3, NRSV

Lord,
Your Word declares You
The god of the poor and oppressed,
The widows,
The aliens,
And the orphans.
You give succor and aid,
Breath and life,
To all who cry out to You
(And even to those who don't).

Lord,
I approach Your Throne daily
With prayers, concerns, questions...
Seeking guidance, strength, and discernment.
Please hear me this morning.

I believe You brought the Aussie here
For Your reasons and purposes.
I pray that You keep her here
And that her time with us is not ended.
You know how much this means to her.
You also know how much this means to others, like myself.
Let everything go well for her today, Lord.
Let her continue to sojourn here.
You guided Abraham from a foreign land
To make his home elsewhere.
You blessed him and his descendants
Because they trusted You.
Father, remember the Aussie today
Continue her sojourn in this foreign land
So that she may know You more fully,
And participate in the blessings
That You have promised
To all who put their faith in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment