Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tongue-tied

Lord...
In the silences of my heart,
In the recesses
Only You can access,
There is an old wound
Newly torn afresh.

Can You please
Take it away,
Take it all away,
So that I am forever stripped
Of that which plagues me?

Or have I not been brought
To the point of willingness
To relinquish this to You?
Is this a surface longing
While stubbornness and rebellion
Foment beneath?

How much longer?
How much more?
How many more times
Until I am wrung dry,
And this temptation leaves me?

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)

Really, God?
Really?
Because I'm looking
For ways out
In my head
And not seeing
The exit signs!

O Lord...
Tie my lips shut,
Bind my hands,
Turn my head away -
Protect me from
My well-intentioned friends,
The Adversary,
But mostly
From myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment