Sunday, April 22, 2012

Twin

Lord,
The young woman
Growing into my job at the newspaper
Has a disposition so similar to mine
I laughingly call her my twin.

There is a window wide open
Between our souls.
I see her clearly,
As if looking in a mirror.
I know the thoughts that consume her,
The emotions lapping at her,
The forces that drive her,
And the half-formed, unspoken fears that gnaw at her.
I see it all, Lord,
And it startles me,
And makes me marvel
At both Your timing,
And Your sense of humor.

Last night I fell asleep,
Blogging prayer unfinished,
But the prayer ascended
And You are good,
Because today my twin
Is home from the hospital.

What began as a plea for mercy and healing,
Let it now be proclaimed
As a prayer of thanksgiving!
Thank you for bringing her home,
And letting the final diagnosis
Be less serious
Than the initial one.

Touch her with Your Healing Hands, Father.
Alleviate the pain and discomfort
Using all modes of healing,
The works of our hands in the form of medicine,
And the direct intervention of Your Hands,
Though the power of Your Agent,
Our Comforter and Helper,
The Holy Spirit.

Draw her close to You, Father,
In body and in spirit,
So that she may be touched by Your Grace,
And healed by Your Steadfast Love.

Allow us to proclaim Your Mercy
To all we meet,
To say,
"We are children
Of the Most High God,
And in His Lovingkindness,
This is what He has done for us!..."

1 comment:

  1. As I read this post, I was overcome by emotion and tears ran down my cheeks. The tears were not spurred by the pain in my body, nor was the pain remotely close to my thoughts. I was in awe by God's power and the wonderous ways in which He reveals His power. I was moved by my twin's prayer- not by the words she wrote, but by what she felt and the sincerity as she typed each word. I felt it like I feel the emtions that gnaw at the core of her being.

    Father God, I am writing to you, thanking you for your grace and mercy. I am grateful for all your blessings and the trials we face. Every event in life has a powerful message, and I pray that you will give us ears to hear and eyes to see the message that lies at the root of our experiences (good and bad). I pray that you will give us wisdom and undertanding, but most of all, patience to wait for the revalation and the message and the faith to facilitate this patience.

    I pray that you will touch my twin at this very moment. Father, I am so grateful that you have brought us together. I know that you do everything with perfect timing. She is a wonderful person, with a beautiful soul and an enchanting spirit. I do not know your plan for our lives, but I know the vision you have planted in me (which I am yet to share with her), and I know that in some way, she is a key player in this vision. I pray that you will lead both of us and that we will be obedient and follow your lead. I believe that everything you ordained is working together in perfect sequence and we just need to trust you with all our heart, mind and spirit. Thank you Lord for your goodness and thank you for all the wonderful things to come!

    I am inspired to resume my writing and pursue the vision that must come to fruition...the unquenchable fire that rages within my soul, blazes like an inferno of truth. All I do will be to God's glory... No more will I give power to negativity, that eats at the seeds God has planted. No more I say! No more! God's time now and now is the time ;)

    Love and blessings-

    Angelica~

    ReplyDelete