Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pogo's Prayer

Lord,
The king's mom
Has a dog named Pogo,
A Shih Tzu mix,
She loves dearly.
Pogo is in
The animal hospital,
And the vets are talking surgery.

I wasn't here
When she stopped by this morning.
Adalheid told me she was crying.
I have seen her attachment to Pogo.
I have no trouble envisioning this.

Father,
You give life to all creatures.
It is like the psalm says,
You knit us together
In our mother's womb. *
You know what ails this dog.
Help him heal, Father.
He is doggie middle-aged,
Approaching seven in a few weeks.
He has alot of years left in him.
I pray, Father,
That You grant him to enjoy them.

Guide the minds and hands of the vets
Diagnosing and possibly operating.
Help Pogo heal,
So that he can play and walk
And live out the remainder of his days
Free of pain,
Happily accompanying
The king's mom everywhere she goes.

Father,
I ask this
On behalf of the dog,
And on behalf of the king's mom
Who loves him so.
Don't devastate her.
Please.
Have mercy,
Because You are merciful,
Oh Living and Wondrous God!

* Psalm 139:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment