Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Before And After

O My Lord,
I give You thanks and praise
For the blessing
Of my best friend.

In the Before before Creation,
Did you fashion
The bond between us,
The conversation
That needs no words,
The home and souls that
I am at rest with?
In the Before before Creation,
Did You say,
"I forge this bond,
And declare it so,"
So that I would know
And recognize
And experience
A manifestation of
Your goodness
And steadfast love
Towards me?

I mean no sacrilege,
But I can believe in You
More strongly
Because I have been upheld by a
Love without pretense
Or strings attached.
I can feel the neuroses
And mishegoss
Slipping away from me
Beneath her honest touch.

Father,
I pray, I beg You,
Preserve her life
On this earth
For many more years to come.
Preserve the quality
Of her life,
And give me the strength
To survive
Whatever You present her with.

In the After when Creation
Is transformed anew,
And we are revealed
As we truly are,
May I stand before Your Throne
And sing Your Praises,
An eternal Hallelujah
For the goodness You have shown me,
And the gifts You have freely given me.
May I bear witness
To Your steadfast love,
Testifying that I have known
What it is be known and truly loved
Before time began,
As time progressed,
And after time ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment