Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Impressed

Father...
I have been from youth,
And to this day remain,
Impressionable.

It is not merely
The moods and vibes
Given off by those close to me
That ping on my radar.
Sometimes,
I pick up deep sea signals,
Waves from so far away
That I wonder how they are registering
In the first place.

In my mind,
I see him,
I see him, Father!
I see him
Reading and studying
Your Word,
Poring over Scripture,
Mining it for hidden gold.
I see him
Talking to You,
Laying bare
The prayers and petitions,
The burdens and troubles
Of his heart.
I see him writing,
Pages and pages of longhand,
Holy tomes,
Reverent words,
The letters rising up
Like fire on Your Altar,
An incense offering
With an aroma
Sweet and pleasing to You.

Father,
Why impress this
In my mind?
Why make me see this,
Sense this
Phantasmagoric daydream
As though real?

Father,
Hear my prayer,
And watch over
Your faithful servant.
I pray for this man
I have never met,
And may never meet
In this life.
Protect and nurture
His life and his health.
Impart strength to him,
And courage,
And endurance.
Why I am praying all this,
I do not know,
But I feel led by the Spirit
To do so.

Be at hand,
Near to Your servant, Lord.
Remain his Light,
And Rock of Salvation...

No comments:

Post a Comment