Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Burnout

Lord,
I haven't asked You
To hang out with me at work
In a while.

There is a growing restlessness,
A growing frustration
With my newspaper job from afar.
I feel like information
Is slipping further and further from my reach.
I feel like the demands of the position
Are changing faster than my ability
To keep pace with them.
My aggravation is impacting me,
Sometimes clouding thought processes,
Sometimes being conveyed to others. 

I have dialogues with myself
About the fact that I haven't had a real vacation
Since 2005.
I am long overdue. 
Maybe it's just burnout,
But it feels deeper than that.

Last week,
I was going to text the Songbird
About job openings at the church.
I never did.
At Sunday's sermon,
It was revealed that the church
Was attempting to create new job opportunities.
I could feel something shift inside me.
Could it be that working for the church
Would be a next step for me?

You see all things,
And know all things.
If you want me there,
Please lead me thus.
If not,
Bring peace and contentment to my heart
So that I can continue to support
My friend the Aussie,
And the Classified Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment