Friday, July 12, 2013

Dry

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me...Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? (Psalms 139:1, 7)

In this wasteland
I pray for rain,
For living waters to quench
The dryness of my spirit. 

Conscious of sin,
I shrink from You, 
Evidenced by shallow prayers,
Lack of peace,
Restlessness, anxiety, 
And avoidance of Your Word. 

Stupid human! 
Where do I think I will go
And not encounter You?
You are the only cure for my dis-ease,
O Fountain of Living Waters!... 

No comments:

Post a Comment