Friday, July 13, 2012

Respite

Father,
We need some help down here,
STAT.
The wanderer has been
On a 48-hour tear,
Hardly sleeping,
Very belligerent and defiant,
Doing odd things
All hours of the day and night.
Her ankle is swollen
From being on her feet too much.
I understand
That this is a progression of the disease,
But we're running out of energy
To keep up with her;
I don't think we can handle
A day three of this.

When she finally sleeps tonight,
Please still and calm
That mis-firing brain of hers.
Please bring her to
A place of internal rest,
So that her body has time to recuperate,
And so that we have time
To do the same.

Lord,
Forgive my recent reticence,
And hear me!
Great Comforter,
I know that You can reach down,
And soothe the synapses
In the wandering momma's brain.
I humbly ask that You
Bring her into some measure of peace tonight.
She needs the rest,
As do we...
A Holy Rest,
Inaugurated by the healing touch
Of Your gentle, outstretched Hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment