Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pug Prayer

Lord,
My sister
Brought the Pugs
Into our home.
When we sold the house,
I gained custody of them.
Adalheid has told me
That they cannot move in to
The Arizona house;
There are simply
Too many animals
Between our households,
And they tip the scales
Toward unmanageable.

Father,
As I sit here
With the Pugs
Sleeping in my lap,
I thank You
For the time
We have spent together.
I pray that my plan
To find them
A temporary foster home
Works out well for them,
And gives me
Peace of mind.
The Pugs are Yours
Before they are mine.
Help me as I seek
A temporary home,
Refuge for these refugees
Who I did not seek,
But You saw fit
To give me.

Father,
Grant them a long, healthy life,
And a retirement lived out
In a warm climate
Where they don't sit and shiver
In the air of a cold, Brooklyn morning.
I promised them
Golden years spent in the sun.
Grant that I
May keep my promise to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment