Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Best Friend

Adelheid...
You said yesterday
That "best friend"
Was hardly a fitting term
For the bond between us.
I don't know the word
To describe what you mean to me.
It is deeper than my flesh,
Stretching back to a time before I existed.
Did we meet in the place where Souls frolic before they are born,
And agree to meet again in this life?
I am a little later in arriving than you.
Better late than never.
(Someone has to steer your wheelchair.)
The word for the bond between us escapes me.
But I can tell you the prayer your friendship draws forth from my lips:
That God will bless you all the days of your life...
That He will take us Home...
And that the joy we share in this brief life
Foreshadows the eternal joy of a shared life in the Next.

No comments:

Post a Comment